The title to this recipe is misleading, i know. There is no roll, just a cast iron skillet.
At first glance, this sounds complicated but it’s not.
I love these flavors especially when the temperature starts to cool down.
This the perfect dessert on those crisp days.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Gluten Free
- ⅔ cup Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend Gluten Free
- 2½ tablespoons cold butter, divided (use vegan butter to make dairy free)
- ⅔ cup nut milk (I used almond)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for spinkling
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Swirl
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, at room temp.
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon cashew cream, at room temp.
- 2 tablespoon nut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place one tablespoon butter in a 9-12 inch cast iron skillet or 9 inch pie plate.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put the flour, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and remaining cold butter in a blender. Blend well.
- To prepare the cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon by hand or with a beater/mixer and add to a piping bag or plastic baggie with a small hole cut in the corner.
- Remove the skillet or pan from the oven and swirl the butter all around and then sprinkle with a good amount of brown sugar and a dusting of cinnamon. Pour the batter into the skillet. Gently swirl the cinnamon swirl mixture into the batter.
- Place in the oven at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. After five minutes reduce the temp to 400 degrees. DO NOT OPEN the oven during this first 15 minutes! After 15 minutes you can quickly peak inside to make sure your cinnamon roll is not getting burnt, but it should need another 5 to 10 minutes of cooking time.
- The cinnamon roll is done when the edges are puffed and golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes, then drizzle with the glaze.
- Glaze Instructions
- In a bowl, beat cashew cream, vanilla, milk and powdered sugar together until well combined. Drizzle over the warm cinnamon roll.
- *Could add ½ cup of pecans or walnuts to recipe before baking