I remember eating pimento cheese sandwiches as a child and hearing how my grandmother would make it from scratch for my mom when she was growing up.
Of course, my mom is many things but when I was growing up, a made from scratch cook was not one of them; we ate premade, processed store brand pimento cheese spread. Now, while it wasn’t gross, I did not realize how good pimento cheese spread could be until I started experimenting on my own.
Oh. My. Goodness. This stuff is definitely delish!! Now, you know I have to try out my finished products on family and friends to see if it is blog worthy. I have a friend, who is a very good sport, who admitted he hated pimento cheese spread as a kid, but once he tried this, I kid you not, his face lit up!! He came back for seconds, thirds, heck I had to send him home with a container. Here’s hoping your friends and family think it is as big a hit!!
- 16 oz goat's milk cheese, softened *
- 7 oz jar chopped pimento, partially drained
- ¼ cup red or green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- In a dish with sides, flatten out softened goat cheese with a fork.
- Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add pimentos with enough liquid to be able to blend with fork but not enough to make soupy.