I think the one thing I missed at the beginning of my gluten free and cow’s milk free eating was a good pasta dish. Oh pasta with that wonderful cheesy sauce, how I’ve missed you!
Well, honey look out, this recipe is way better than anything I ate pre gluten free.
The vegetables with the creamy sauce added to the pasta, be still my heart and tastebuds!!! I really and truly love vegetables any way, shape or preparation. The aroma of these vegetables sauting almost sent me into a faint.
Can you believe my daughter actually expected me to share this goodness with her; she better start taking lessons and fix her own!
This recipe is so gooood and so easy! Do yourself, and maybe your family (if you plan to share) a favor and fix this dish real soon.
- 16 ounces gluten free pasta
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 squash, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons butter (use vegan butter to make this non-dairy)
- 2 cups almond milk minus 2 Tablespoons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup water (add more water gradually if cornstarch is not completely dissolved)*
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Saute vegetables.
- Mix vegetables with pasta.
- Sauce directions
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add milk and stir.
- Add mince garlic, salt and pepper.
- Taste to see if you like it if not then add more salt or pepper.
- Heat until just before coming to a boil.
- Add cornstarch slowly while whisking until you can tell sauce has thickened.
- Pour sauce over pasta and vegetables. Stir until combined.
*Dissolving the cornstarch in the water keeps it from being lumpy; the cornstarch is used as a thickening agent in this recipe, so the measurements are at your discretion