I have ALWAYS loved Baked Mozzarella Sticks as an appetizer when dining out. Once I became gluten free I had to give up this special treat, sigh, but doggone it I should be able to make some that I can eat. Tah da, behold Baked Mozzarella Sticks Gluten Free and Cow’s Milk Free and need I say, they are beyond delish!!
These cheese sticks are crunchy on the outside and gooey, stringy warm cheesy goodness on the inside. I love the way that melted cheese tastes with the Italian seasoned bread crumbs. The biggest problem I had with these? I cannot stop with one, two heck I want to eat them all! They are that good and did I mention, pretty easy to make too!
- 8 ounce block Goat's Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup GF all purpose flour
- 5 Tablespoons GF Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup GF plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Slice cheese into 12 equal pieces and place in the freezer for at least one hour.*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour in a plate.
- Beat egg in a bowl big enough to dip your cheese sticks in.
- Mix all the other dry ingredients in a third plate or bowl big enough for your cheese sticks.
- Dunk cheese sticks, one at a time, in flour. Coat evenly.
- Then dredge into egg mixture and lastly place into bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Place sticks on a baking stone or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove immediately and serve with your favorite marinara sauce.