I have to admit: I am a food junky. Now, my definition of a food junky? I eat a dish at a new restaurant, or a new dish at a favorite restaurant, and I have to figure out how to make it and add it to my stash.
I FELL IN LOVE with this Italian Chicken dish. The spicy blend of seasoning with chicken, pasta and artichokes, ahh a heavenly combination. I really like the tangy flavor of the sun dried tomatoes with the mushrooms.
This is a plate of creamy goodness that you will want to share with family and friends. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup gf flour
- 4 cups milk*
- 1 cup plain yogurt**
- 12 ounces gf pasta
- ½ cup gf italian season bread crumbs
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start pot of water for pasta and cook according to directions on package.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic. Set aside
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and whisk in flour until it starts to bubbles
- Whisk in milk slowly until it starts to thicken and remove from heat.
- Whisk in yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Mix pasta, chicken, vegetables and milk mixture in a bowl. Pour into a 9x13 and top with bread crumbs
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 or until bubbly.
**I used yogurt made from goat's milk