I was looking for something fast, easy and good for a Super Bowl party.
When I tried this combination in a recipe, I found what I was wanting.
This has just enough spicy kick to hit the spot.
Of course, if I did not have certain family members that complain about spicey heat, I would have added some extra chilis.
Extra chilis or just as it is, this is a winner for any get together.
Serve it at your next Super Bowl party or any get together involving food.
I am pretty sure people will be asking you to share your recipe when you serve this.
Author: lets be yummy
- 1 pound ground sausage (I use chicken or turkey)
- 1½ cups chopped onions
- 10 oz can Rotel, drained
- 4 oz cashew cream*
- 8 oz plain yogurt (I use yogurt made from goat's milk)
- Cook sausage in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown.
- Drain sausage and stir in onions. Cook until slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Mix in Rotel. Stirring occasionally, allow mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Blend cashew cream and yogurt into the sausage mixture.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
*Can substitute cream cheese for the cashew cream