Super easy and fantastic tasting family favorite Veg All Casserole!
In the large family, in which I am a proud member, when we have the annual holiday meals, everyone has that one dish that is theirs alone. And they had better bring or not show up at the function!
My mom has never liked to cook, so she was always looking for good and easy with the emphasis on easy!! Now what she made was spectacular, but cooking was not her strong suit or passion.
One year she came home from a work party with a new recipe, and of course tried it out on us.
You have to understand, Mom’s favorite type of meal preparation is open cans, dump, mix, cook and ta da food ready to eat!
This recipe met all of her requirements and besides, it is freakin’ delicious.
The vegetable mix, creamy cheese and crunchy topping are to die for!
The high point, I think, is the water chestnuts in this dish. They add a great texture and taste to the other ingredients.
This is THE dish that my mom absolutely must bring to family eating meetings or don’t bother coming.
Every time she prepares it for people outside the family, she had better have a recipe card to hand out, it is that good.
Try this Veg All casserole if you want something that is easy to make and beyond delicious!!
I can guarantee you will not have any leftovers of this for very long.
- 2 cans veg all, drained
- 11 ounces of celery cream soup recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use sheep or goat cheese)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups of gluten free bagel chips
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Mash 2 cups of gluten free bagel chips.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over bagel chips.
- Sprinkle bagel chips over veg all mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.